If you wish to contribute to the costs of hosting and development, please consider donating.
Image Toolbar 0.6.13
Release date: 2013-09-29
What it does
Image Toolbar is a clone of one of Internet Explorer's features and provides quick and easy access to a handful of image functions in a highly customisable way.
The toolbar is activated by hovering your mouse cursor over an image. It will be displayed (by default) in the top left hand corner of the image, and allows you to save the image or perform other functions.
Image Toolbar provides the following buttons...
- Save - You can set this to either prompt you to save or to automatically save to a previously chosen directory.
- Copy - Copies the image and the image location, allowing you to paste a link or the full image into most software packages.
- Print - Lets you print preview or directly print the current image.
- Info - Launches a dialog detailing the image properties.
- Folder - This allows you to open your designated image folder quickly or change it to another folder.
Ctrl-clicking or middle-clicking will activate each button's secondary function, for example, to switch between launching a save prompt and silently downloading to the default location.
This extension is compatible with...
|Firefox||23.0 - 23.0.*||Install (93 KB)|
If you are using an old version of Firefox, the latest version of this extension may not be compatible.
Previous versions are listed below for your convenience, along with the change history and compatibility details.
0.6.13 - 2013-09-29 [ Firefox 23.0 - 23.0.* ]
- Fixed to work with Firefox 23 and above.
0.6.12 - 2013-01-26 [ Firefox 18.0 - 18.0.* ]
- Compatibility with Status 4 Evar.
- Prevent websites from changing toolbar with (actual fix).
- Default the filename if not present.
- Fix a few minor cases where bad filenames would be suggested.
0.6.11 - 2013-01-22 [ Firefox 18.0 - 18.0.* ]
- Minor fix to remove error in Error Console (address Add-on site review comment).
0.6.10 - 2013-01-20 [ Firefox 18.0 - 18.0.* ]
- Firefox 18 compatibility
- Fixed save function in Firefox 18
- Fixed compatibility with Download Sort in Firefox 18
- Fix for bug that prevents saving of images with their full path in their filename (chop off directory string from filename, so "/a/b/c.jpg" becomes "c.jpg")
- Set highest possible z-index value in binding (so toolbar always appears on top)
- Fix issue with Facebook where saving the image causes the Facebook image browser to exit
- Always add toolbar pixel offset to the position of the toolbar, even if it is set to appear relative to the cursor
- Fixed copy function (copy both link to image and image, as per previous Firefox behaviour)
- Fixed width of toolbar being affected by websites
0.6.9 - 2011-03-20 [ Firefox 4.0b8 - 4.0.* ]
- Firefox 4.0 compatibility
- Tweaked icon display so that toolbar buttons are of default size (fixes button size in Ubuntu)
0.6.8 - 2010-01-20 [ Firefox 3.6 - 3.6.* ]
- Fixed info button
0.6.7 - 2010-01-17 [ Firefox 3.0pre - 3.6.* ]
- Firefox 3.6 compatibility
0.6.6 - 2009-06-13 [ Firefox 3.0pre - 3.5.* ]
- Firefox 3.5 compatibility
0.6.5 - 2008-06-14 [ Firefox 3.0pre - 3.0.* ]
- Firefox 3.0 compatibility
- Linux / MacOSX compatibility (uses native file save code)
- Removed overwrite for auto save (previously a hidden pref, defaulted to off)
- Removed auto-suggest filename in file picker (extremely non-standard)
- 20 new locales (ar, be-BY, ca-AD, da-DK, de-DE, el-GR, es-CL, fi-FI, he-IL, hu-HU, ko-KR, pt-BR, pt-PT, ro-RO, ru-RU, sk-SK, sv-SE, tr-TR, uk-UA, zh-CN)
- Increased default minimum image size to 260x260 (stops toolbar appearing on Google Maps)
- Supports SVG images
- Debug / troubleshooting mode
0.6.4 - 2006-10-01 [ Firefox 1.5 - 2.0.0.* ]
- Updated for Firefox 2.0 compatibility
- Toolbar labels fixed on http://www.imp-jablonec.cz
0.6.3 - 2005-12-03 [ Firefox 1.4.1 - 1.5.0.* ]
- Fixed problems with the Dutch locale (nl-NL)
- New locale (es-AR)
0.6.2 - 2005-11-05 [ Firefox 1.4 - 1.5.0.* ]
- Fixed small issue with the preferences UI
0.6.1 - 2005-10-27 [ Firefox 1.4 - 1.5.0.* ]
- Always uses content headers (fixes an issue with gmail)
0.6 - 2005-10-09 [ Firefox 1.0+ - 1.5 ]
- Remembers previous directory at save prompt
- Works in full-screen mode
- New options UI
- Handles vBulletin attachments perfectly with no delay
- Now appears correctly on the following page: http://s1x.homelinux.net/projects/serpentine/
- Compatibility with Download Sort
- Statusbar confirmation of autosave
- Image info button
- Print/print preview button
- CSS cleanup/rewrite with Winstripe 1.1 icons
- Better theme support
- Text labels
- Full locale support (plus cs-CZ, nl-NL, fr-FR, it-IT, ja-JP and es-ES bundled by default)
0.5 - 2004-11-09 [ Firefox 0.8 - 1.0+ ]
- Toolbar should always vanish on mouseout events
- Toolbar should appear when tabs are switched and the mouse ends up over an image
- Download Manager support
- Should retain file extension when file is renamed during "Save as"
- New default icons to fit with Winstripe
- Choice of large/small icons
- Choice of overwriting existing file or incrementing the filename
- Choice of middle click or right click "second function" activation
- Prevent double-click from Autosaving saving twice
- Print Preview
- Toolbar should not appear when an image link gets focus
- New tab created for print preview shouldn't be invisible
- Tweaked image extension matching
- Full Download Sort support when AutoSaving
- Partial Download Sort support when manually saving
0.4 - 2004-08-31 [ Firefox 0.8 - 0.10 ]
- Should Autosave vBulletin attachments properly, note: there will be a delay
- Removed conflicts with AutoScrolling
- Added the ability to exclude image types
- Full locale support
- Linux/Unix support
- MacOS support
- Now uses the native filename increment method
- Loads preferences dynamically
- Compatibility with Firefox 1.0PR
0.3.1 - 2004-07-11 [ Firefox 0.8 - 0.9 ]
- Autoscrolling is no longer continuously disabled by Image Toolbar.
0.3 - 2004-06-14 [ Firefox 0.8 - 0.9 ]
- Compatible with Firefox 0.9
- CTRL+Click now works when Autosave is the default save button action
- High CPU usage is fixed for sites that have many images
- Middle Click should no longer interfere with Autoscrolling
- Should always appear on screen if the image is scrolled to the side or top
- Option for toolbar to appear relative to the cursor
Contributors to the development of this extension:
- Jan Bourek (cs-CZ locale)
- RAF (nl-NL locale)
- Jojaba (fr-FR locale)
- MatrixIsAllOver (it-IT locale)
- Victory (ja-JP locale)
- Proyecto Nave (es-ES locale)
- Jose Sun (zh-TW locale)
- Leszek Zyczkowski (pl-PL locale)
- MorZilla (es-AR locale)