If you wish to contribute to the costs of hosting and development, please consider donating.
Context Search 0.4.6
Release date: 2010-12-30
What it does
Context Search transforms the "Web Search for..." context item into a menu containing your Mycroft search plugins. This is very convenient, since it allows you to decide which search engine you use. Firefox's default is to use the currently selected search plugin only.
Context Search is extremely easy and convenient to use, and is an excellent supplement to Firefox's various search methods. Simply right
click once you have selected
If you wish to add more search plugins at any time, simply click "Add Engines..." from the Search Toolbar's drop-down menu.
This extension is compatible with...
|Firefox||3.6 - 18.0.*||Install (8 KB)|
If you are using an old version of Firefox, the latest version of this extension may not be compatible.
Previous versions are listed below for your convenience, along with the change history and compatibility details.
0.4.6 - 2010-12-30 [ Firefox 3.6 - 18.0.* ]
- Firefox 4.0 compatibility
- Localisation support added
- Opens new tabs next to current (related) tabs
- Added support for using the command key as a substitute for Ctrl (Mac)
- Restore icons on submenu in GNOME
- Instant-apply hidden preferences
- Hidden preference to add quotation marks around multi-word searches
- Hidden preference to add separators in the menu
0.4.5 - 2010-01-17 [ Firefox 2.0 - 3.6.* ]
- Firefox 3.6 compatibility
0.4.4 - 2009-06-13 [ Firefox 2.0 - 3.5.* ]
- Firefox 3.5 compatibility
0.4.3 - 2008-06-03 [ Firefox 2.0 - 3.0.* ]
- Minor fix for Firefox 3.0 compatibility
0.4.2 - 2008-03-29 [ Firefox 2.0a2 - 3.0.* ]
- Firefox 3.0 compatibility
0.4.1 - 2006-11-19 [ Firefox 2.0a2 - 3.0.* ]
- Fixed middle-click support regression
0.4 - 2006-11-11 [ Firefox 2.0a2 - 2.0.0.* ]
- Better support for Firefox 2.0 tabbed browsing behaviour
- Search using text selections in textarea / text input elements
- Support for search plugins that use POST
0.3 - 2006-07-18 [ Firefox 2.0a2 - 2.0.0.* ]
- Support for new search plugin format (Firefox 2.0a1 and onwards)
- Search engine order is now respected
- Menu item appears for textarea selections
- Respects tab preference "Select new tabs opened from links"
- Middle-click support (inverts tab selection behaviour)
- Encodes "+" characters (improves search engine support)
0.2 - 2004-06-14 [ Firefox 0.8 - 1.5.0.* ]
- Compatible with Firefox 0.9
- Holding Ctrl will cause the tab to load in the foreground
- Holding Shift will open a new window